You are searching about How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future, today we will share with you article about How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future is useful to you.
10 Writing and Assessment Prompts For Students – From Astrological Prediction to Beauty Tip
Clarifying your understanding of new concepts is a necessary – and powerful – part of the learning process. In many classrooms, time and learning experiences that would give students the opportunity to consolidate and apply their new learning have been lost because of the fear of high-stakes testing. In effect, we’ve reduced student learning by missing out on the time and experiences (like writing) they need. In this article, you are provided with 10 different writing (and assessment) prompts along with examples of how these prompts can be applied in various content areas.
1. astrological prediction
- Write astrological horoscopes for characters in a story. Use historical events to support predictions.
- Compare different astrological characteristics with a real entity. For example, an Aries represents a ram. Identify real descriptions of a ram and research the common traits given to an Aries person for an astrological sign.
- Identify a person’s astrological sign and compare the common traits given for that sign with that person’s behaviors.
- It predicts the possible outcomes of someone’s behavior if the individual believes in astrological predictions. Is this wise or foolish, in your opinion?
- Write about the life you want to live. Identify the time in history (and the future) and the different stages of your desired life. In essence, you are writing your autobiography ahead of time.
- Write a short autobiography of Harriet Beecher Stowe (or any other author we have been studying). Since it’s an autobiography, write in that person’s voice.
- Write an autobiography of a historical figure you would like to know. Since it is an autobiography, it will be in that person’s voice.
- Write a fictional autobiography of a character in a novel. Since it is an autobiography, it will be in that person’s voice.
- Write a paragraph about whether it is worth entering a contest where the odds of winning the top prize are 1,000,000:1.
- Write an award presentation to present to your favorite historical figure.
- Write an award presentation about an achievement of yours, or one you hope, plan and/or wish to do in the future.
- Rewrite the mathematical axioms in your own words. You can’t do this, of course, unless you really understand the mathematical concept. Teach me.
- In Candide, the lives of the characters (at least at the beginning) were guided by axioms. Identify the impact of these axioms.
- Define what an axiom is and locate at least one axiom of Candide that you thought was particularly funny or silly.
- Predict the outcome if the characters in the story accept the _______________ axiom.
- Predict the outcome if the _______________ axiom is not accepted by the characters in the story.
5. baby book
- Illustrate your personal story. What words or phrases would best describe the events in your life?
- Create a baby book for the child of a famous person, real or not, for example Hitler’s son; how would you raise him?
- Create a children’s book of a famous character or person we have been studying.
- Compare a children’s book with a scrapbook.
6. high school address
- Write a speech that you would give to your classmates next year (since you will have graduated from this math class).
- Write a high school address to a livestock class. Hey, you’re at Future Farmers of America (or an agriculture class)…so be prepared to tell them what’s going on and what they can expect!
- Explain what a musical ballad is, then show and/or play examples, possibly of your own making.
- Tell a popular ballad: what does it say about culture?
- To accompany the melody of a popular tune (rock, rap, country, etc.), write words explaining a mathematical concept, rule, principle, etc.
8. ballot paper
- Design a ballot for at least 3 people you would like to see run for president of the United States or another country. Offer a few words (or phrases) that explain each of these candidates.
- Write a ballot initiative for the legislation you would like to see enacted. Write it in a way that makes people understand why they should support the initiative.
- Design and write a banner essay that shows what you are currently learning in our class.
- Design a banner for Holocaust survivors to wear upon their release.
10. beauty advice
- How can health and technology make you better (and does that matter)?
- Write an example of a beauty tip, ie an anti-drug message.
- Examine and write about the sonnet “My Mistress’ Eyes” by Shakespeare or “She Walks in Beauty” by Byron.
- Compare a beauty tip for outer beauty with inner beauty.
See how much fun you can have with these and see what happens to your elementary, middle/high school, or college students when they show what they know using these ideas or ones you’ve created based on these prompts.
Video about How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future
You can see more content about How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future
If you have any questions about How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future
How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future
way How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future
tutorial How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future
How Do You Plan To Use Math In The Future free
#Writing #Assessment #Prompts #Students #Astrological #Prediction #Beauty #Tip